The VNA of Cape Cod accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance plans. See what you need to do to receive coverage.
Medicare and Medicaid (Mass Health) Coverage.
Home health care and hospice services are covered benefits under both Medicare and Medicaid (Mass Health), and The VNA of Cape Cod is a participating provider for both programs. In order to qualify for home care coverage under Medicare, a patient must:
- Be homebound - leaving the home may require considerable and taxing effort. The patient can leave the home for infrequent, short absences. Examples: medical appointments, short walks, church, hairdresser appointments, or attendance at adult day health are allowed.
- Be under the care of a physician.
- Patient must have a face-to-face visit with their physician 90 days prior to or 30 days of the start of homecare services.
- Require skilled nursing services, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy on an intermittent (part-time) basis.
- Reside in a home or facility that does not perform skilled care (in other words, the patient must not be located in a nursing home or hospital).
- Commercial Insurance Coverage (Most insurance companies base their level of home care coverage on the Medicare guidelines, and require that services be authorized prior to coverage.
The VNA of Cape Cod is a contracted provider for home health services. To find out more call the reimbursement department at 508-957-7438.